Monday 22 September 2014

evaluation of my preliminary task

To create my overall final preliminary task I used the following software: Photoshop and InDesign. I made my front cover first and then my contents page, the magazines primary target audience was for the age 11-18 year olds and the social grade doesn’t matter as the magazine if going to be free, the secondary target audience is for the ages of around 30-50 as these are for adults e.g. teachers and parents.
For my magazine I stuck to the colour scheme of white black and blue and these are bold sophisticated colours which are frequently seen around Haydon School this would make the readers feel more comfortable reading it.
For my front cover I used the software InDesign for the layout and I cut out the main image on the Photoshop to give it a transparent background so that it would be easier to use whilst making my magazine. I started my front cover by first creating the masthead which I put into font ‘Felix Titling’ because it looks professional and sophisticated. i then placed the main image into Photoshop and cut out the background and then placed it into InDesign and I decided to place it in front of the masthead and to take up most of the front cover as it is one of the most important things. After doing this I started to play around with the background colour to see what went best with the main image and masthead but I chose that the plain white made it the magazine look the most professional but I placed the Haydon jigsaw-puzzle on the background to give the magazine some more character and be a little more appealing. For the sell-line I didn’t use many as I didn’t want to make the front cover look too busy so, I made the sell-lines a baby blue colour with a black border to make it stand out against the white background, I placed them where I did so that it looked tidy and professional. I placed the main sell-line at the bottom of the page and made this one bigger than all the other sell-lines because I thought that it was the most intriguing and thought that it was what the primary target audience would want to read the most.

For the contents page I again made this on InDesign and started off making it by producing the title which was simply ‘Contents’. I used the same font for the title as I did for the masthead on the front cover to keep the magazine looking consistent and professional. I added the logo into my title for the contents page to again make it look professional. I then decided to add the Haydon jigsaw-puzzle into the centre of the page and removed all the writing that was originally on it which I used Photoshop to do, and then placed the main contents within them, e.g. the sell-lines that were within the front cover. I then made an ‘id’ like image underneath the main contents to place the other contents, I decided to do this because I believe that it relates to the primary target audience and makes it clear the genre/purpose of the magazine etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment