Sunday 7 September 2014

Production Log

In today’s lesson we went over the course outline and made sure that we understood what we were going to be doing in AS media studies and in these next few terms.
We had to design the front cover and contents page of a magazine to promote Haydon school (doing this task helps us understand what we would have to do for the music magazine and give us a few ideas of what looks good).
 My front cover is a mid-shot of a school girl. I thought that this was appealing as it displayed a formal, intelligent student so therefore it would appeal to the audience and in the background was Haydon School. The masthead is ‘Haydon News’ this is short and snappy, and the font would be a comic like font to appeal to the pupils. The title of this magazine also displays what the genre of the magazine is without thinking about it. I only put three sell-lines onto the front cover as I didn’t want to make it look too busy and untidy. The three sell-lines that I used were ‘interview with Mr. Jones’ ‘interview with the new year 7s’ and ‘results day’. These sell-lines aren’t too long and give you detail as to what you’re going to be reading and getting out of the magazine. The colour scheme of the front cover is going to be the Haydon colours (blue and white) and a bit of black where needed.
My contents page has a theme of objects from Haydon. The main page numbers for the sell-lines on the front cover were placed in a jigsaw puzzle which Haydon use to promote the skills e.g. perseverance, I thought that this was a good idea as the students would be able to connect to it and understand etc. the other sell-lines were placed in id-cards where the information of what’s on the page is placed where the name would be etc. and the image of what would be on the page was places on where the head shot would be of a student. I believe that this relates to Haydon and sticks to the theme.
I need to scan my drawings/ideas into the computer and start to make my magazine. Hopefully this will take me two lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment