Sunday 14 September 2014

production log 2&3

In the last double media lesson I was purely working on finishing my front cover of the Haydon news magazine that I am creating, I did achieve this by the end of the lesson and even started on my contents page.

First of all I used a camera provided by the school to take a photo which could be used for my front cover. I went around the school searching for a student willing to do this, I finally found a young girl who wanted to take part, I briefed her about what it was for and that it was only for my class/course and she agreed. I took the photo and went back to class. I placed the photo into Photoshop and took away the background. This made it transparent and easier to use on InDesign. Once finished I moved it onto InDesign and in-larged it to fit most of the page. I then started to work on my masthead. I used a simple text and the Haydon school logo, this made it look professional and sophisticated. For the background I kept the main colour white and added in the Haydon puzzle as part of the background but I removed all the writing from it so he writing didn’t interfere with the sell-lines. I then started to place in the sell-lines that I done on my draft. I used all three of them but it didn’t look like there was enough so I placed two more in this made it look like there was a lot of content within the magazine and made it more presentable. For the text of the sell-line I used a light blue colour and italics to stand out against the navy blue uniform and the white background. So therefore my colour scheme for my magazine is black white and light blue.
I then started on my contents page by adding in the plain Haydon puzzle and putting some sell-lines in like my draft. And I wrote the title ‘contents’ but I need to adjust it to make it look right and finish putting in all the sell-lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment